What Questions You Should Ask Colleges?

Choosing a college is a huge stepping stone towards your future, which is why it’s so important to visit the colleges on your list. Ask questions. What kind of questions? Here are just a few you should ask when visiting a college.

• How many students live on campus?

This is an important question for many people. The number of undergrad students who live on campus is a big factor for people considering a certain college. Big college or small college, there’s a type for everyone, which makes the question even more important.

• What activities/clubs do you have on campus?

Asking this question will give you a taste of what it would be like to live on campus and what internal activities you could do. For example, I want to be part of a newspaper in college, so I’d ask if they had one. There are many activities like sports, choir, instruments, competitions, academic clubs, etc.

• What work-study opportunities do you have?

Work study is when you have a ‘job’ on campus and you get paid, which is nice. It would be a lot of dedication, but it would also be worth it. Earning a little bit of cash, especially in college, would help majorly.

• What is your average financial aid package?

Colleges are really expensive these days, which can cause some panic in the student. Luckily, most colleges offer financial aid and filling out the FAFSA will help. Always ask this question because it will help you choose the right plan.

• What opportunities do you offer outside of campus?

These external opportunities could be internships, studying abroad programs, even career services. External opportunities will give you the experience you need to land a job.

• Do you accept AP credits?

If colleges say yes and you meet their requirements (most want a score of 4 on the AP Exam) then you won’t have to take that class. This will also save you some money and allow you to have more electives.

There are many more questions you can ask (link at the bottom) that will help you choose the right the college for you and that brings me to the last question: Is this college right for me?

Source/Link: U.S.News