Should a College Education Be free?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Should a College Education Be free?

Dear Future Im Ready, message on paper, smart phone and coffee on table

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Mariano, Author

Getty Images/iStockphoto
Dear Future Im Ready, message on paper, smart phone and coffee on tableCollege education should free forever for everyone who chooses to want to continue in their education. College leaves a lot of graduates in dept with thousands of dollars owed. They shouldn’t have to pay it back if they did good in college and worked for their degree. School is free up until 12th grade for most people but many students would like to continue but cant afford it. There are other options like scholarships but those are given out to few and only cover a portion of the cost.

In 2015 president Obama made a proposal to make the first 2 years of a community college free for responsible students. He stated that by 2020 35% of the jobs opening will  require at least a bachelors degree. Students should get the knowledge and skills with having to pay debt back for years. He stated that it would benefit over 9 million students each year. He put requirements like maintaining a 2.5 GPA and others.

College should be free to those who want to actually attend and make a career for them selves. Going to college only benefits yourself and only helps you prepare for your career choice. A lot of high school don´t want to go to college because they don´t want to be in debt for years after they get there degree. If college were free alot o