Pink Day Pride

Ms.+Strayer+and+a+few+of+her+students+from+period+6%2C+Draw+%26+Paint+1%2C+pose+for+a+picture+in+their+pinked-out+outfits.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Pink Day Pride

Ms. Strayer and a few of her students from period 6, Draw & Paint 1, pose for a picture in their pinked-out outfits.

Carly Stenger, Author

September 18th, 2019 was “Pink Day” here at Chambersburg Area Senior High School. Pink Day is a part of our school’s homecoming spirit week! Students and staff members are encouraged to deck out in pink attire in support of breast cancer. Even better, pink day this year was on a Wednesday, and we all know that pink on Wednesdays is a must! 

CASHS goes all out for pink day, including Ms.Holly Strayer, who is a breast cancer survivor herself! She spent the day rocking a pink superwoman tee-shirt, pink glasses, pink sparkly converse sneakers, and of course, a pink superhero cape! Students joined in on the fun too. 

Javier Sanchez, grade 12, shows off his head-to-toe pink wardrobe in Chambersburg Area Senior High School’s hallway.

Senior, Javier Sanchez, was one of those students. He wanted to let all breast cancer survivors know that they are, “so flippin’ amazing!” He even sported a pair of breast cancer awareness socks!

(From left to right) Devante Foreman (senior), Ms. Strayer, Carly Stenger (senior), and Sophia Golden (senior), dressed in pink on the high school track.

Senior cheerleaders from the Powder Puff Game, posing for a goofy, pink picture with some students photo-bombing in the background.